Tuesday 3 March 2009

25 things about me;

 Having read Luke Davydaitis’ recent post, I thought I would do the same. Here’s my self indulgent, horribly arrogant list of facts about me.

 1)       Having been born and raised in Wales, I do speak some Welsh. I have absolutely no entrenched jingoistic tendencies however.

 2)       I have never been particularly interested in football, despite the proclivity of the rest of mankind, who, for some reason, are.

 3)       I once walked straight into a highly polished patio door assuming it was an open passageway. Acutely and painfully embarrassing.

 4)       In my opinion, one of the most invigorating things to do on this lovely Earth is to sit atop a powerful jet ski and speedily traverse a stretch of Open Ocean. So. Much. Fun.

 5)       I once composed a piece of music that was played at the opening of the Welsh Opera house in Cardiff. Baritone Bryn Terfel told me he enjoyed it. Won’t be forgetting that moment.

 6)       I love cars. I go giddy at the sight of a powerful Italian sports car but become instantly filled with the agonizing and sinking feeling that I will never own or so much as drive, sit in, go near, or even smell the inside of an automobile of such calibre.

 7)       When I was 11, I was blinded in one eye for several months after an accident on bonfire night in which a blank bullet exploded and the shrapnel tore its merciless path through my left eyeball. True story. Scary times.

 8)       Speaking of horrendous injuries, my right foot was once impaled on the top of a spike, after I attempted to climb over a locked park gate. With sharp bits sticking up. Probably the most painful thing ever.

 9)       Some of my fondest memories as a child involve pouring over airfix models of wartime aircraft, and an 18th Century galleon. Complete with cannons. Awesome.

 10)  I’m a bluff old traditionalist. See previous blog entry for details.

 11)   The home I grew up in (in Wales) was once a 19th century, watermill powered wool factory.

 12)   The first live gig I ever went to was Sting at Cardiff Castle. It was brilliant. I’ve seen Eric Clapton live and got bored. That said, Music is a profound and deeply significant source of joy to me.

 13)   As a VERY YOUNG child, I did tap dancing and country dancing. As anyone who has known me since the 90s will testify, I did not pursue either.

 14)   I have 100% found the princess that I grew up dreaming about. I marry her in July and get to spend my life with her. Praise Jesus.

 15)   I would love to spend a good stint of my life somewhere other than the UK. Maybe the U.S. or Canada. We’ll see.

 16)   I have saved my younger brothers life twice. Something I will continue to use as a bargaining chip with him!

 17)   As a boy, I imagined playing the piano in front of my school assembly and thought that would be so cool. Last year I played in front of about 13,000 people in the space of a month. I have learned that it’s for an audience of one though. I’d rather play for God than a billion men any day.

 18)   I swam with dolphins and think it’s a bit over rated. Sorry.

 19)   Pear drops, sherbet-lemons and Welsh cakes are the taste of my childhood.

 20)  I have a canvas canoe that doesn’t get used. I have a wind-surfboard that doesn’t get used. I have a saxophone that doesn’t get played. I have books that I’ve never read and clothes that I’ve barely worn. I have so much junk.

 21)   I WILL see the Northern lights one day.

 22)  I wish I had started playing piano really, really young. Never mind.

 23)  The daily intake of Tea and Coffee will be one of the most important features of my life until the day I expire.

 24)  I know so little about this world. I think I should attempt to keep it that way in some regards. In others, I have a great deal yet to learn.

 25)  I am Samuel Mark Cox, born 1987 in South Wales. I have brown hair, eyes and ridiculously small ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment